Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Summer Fun

A few weeks ago after the kiddos went to sleep, I set about creating a "Summer Fun" list - a list of 30 places I wanted to go this summer/things I wanted to do.  To compile this list, I sought help from Pinterest (obviously), as well as other Baltimore Moms who could impart some local spots to explore.  I thought the list turned out pretty well! I was initially inspired to create this list after seeing some friends on Facebook posting about #100daysofsummer - doing something fun/memorable every day of summer - 100 days! 



I decided that if I made a list of 100 things, it would become a chore, as I would insist on waking up every day and choosing something to "check off" the list that morning.  I didn't want the summer to become a check list, so my list only includes 30 things.  There are some things I chose not to include, but it is a no-brainer we will do them often this summer, such as blowing bubbles, playing with chalk, going to the playground, etc.  Some lists I saw on Pinterest included those things, which are great! But not things I felt the need to "check off" doing this summer.  

Here is the breakdown of our Summer Fun list in case anyone wants to copy, or join us! I tried to include links to everything I could in case anyone wanted to check it out as well.

*After creating this list I learned that the Oregon Ridge Lake is actually closed this season.  Instead of swimming in the lake, we plan on going hiking on their great trails. 

I will try my very hardest to blog about the places we go and keep everyone up-to-date as we accomplish checking everything off the list have a great summer! 
- says the village idiot 





1 comment: