Tuesday, February 4, 2014

2014 Pinterest Challenge - It's Not The Worst Thing I've Ever Seen

I've been avoiding this craft all week, and waiting until the very last minute to complete, frankly because I anticipated it would be my first fail of the 2014 Pinterest Challenge.  But alas, today during Little Lady's nap time, I had to bite the bullet and attempt it - The Burlap Wreath

My supplies:




My thoughts while assembling this picture: "How the heck is that going to turn into a wreath?!?!?!"  But I pressed on.  


Step 1: Weave the burlap through the wire base


Step 1a: After I took this picture, I realized I actually had to measure out how much burlap I needed because I could not shove this entire roll through the wire slats.



Let me also clarify - the tutorial I read while meandering the isles of Michael's said I would need 2 yards of burlap for this project...the smallest batch of burlap I could find was 10 yards.  In the shopping cart it went.  What I'm trying to say here is, you might see more burlap projects in the future...I digress

Step 2: Wind the burlap in and out of all the wire slats, looping each section, and fluffing it out to desired size.  

Step 2a: Halfway through, I came to the conclusion that I did not cut enough burlap.


Step 3: Cut more burlap. Repeat step 2. 

Step 4: Gaze in awe at what you just created:


My thoughts while taking this picture: "It's not the worst thing I've ever seen."  

The reason The Hubby keeps letting me go to Michael's nice thing about a burlap wreath is that I can undo the burlap at any time and repurpose the burlap for its original use as a bag for potatoes start over.  I can also add flowers and other lovely things for the different seasons.  

I didn't take a picture of this wreath hanging on our front door because I don't think our neighbors are ready for its beauty yet.  I wouldn't want to make them feel bad or anything for their lack of creativity and Pinterest skills.  In time friends, in time - says the village idiot 



No comments:

Post a Comment